Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Taking A Break

In The Gym

Yesterday I got the counsel of three friends, who happen to be an occupational therapist, pharmacist, and hardcore athlete, about my calf pain. The OT believes its inflamed/aggravated tendons. She said it’s a good thing that it’s my entire calf and that I can’t pin point it to one place because that would make her think it was a torn tendon. I was advised to cut back on my running and just do two days a week to give my tendons more time to heal, and to take an anti-inflammatory. I will now be running just on Mondays and Fridays. And on Wednesdays I’ll get on the elliptical and up the resistance to help continue train me for endurance.

Today was mine an Allie’s sleep in day so I didn’t go to the gym, but I am going to a friends house later who has been doing a Boot-Camp program and she is going to put me through the abs boot camp. I have to say I’m a little nervous but super excited. I will update about it later today.

Calories Yesterday
Yesterday I ended the day under my calorie intake by 196 calories before working out, and 730 under after workout. I’m telling you guys, if I haven’t lost some weight come Monday, even if it’s only half a pound, I’m going to be one discouraged girl.

In the Word
Hear, O Israel. You are now about to cross the Jordan to go in and dispossess nations greater and stronger than you, with large cities that have walls up to the sky. The people are strong and tall-Anakites! You know about them and have heard it said: “Who can stand up against the Anakites?” But (I love BUT’s in the Bible) be assured today that the LORD your God is the one who goes across ahead of you like a devouring fire. He will destroy them; he will subdue them before you. And you will drive them out and annihilate them quickly, as the LORD has promised you. Deuteronomy 9:1-3

What a comforting thought to know that I have a God that goes before me to fight my battles. Do I always take comfort in that and allow him to do it, probably not. I definitely have a spirit of fear and anxiety. But I’m often reminded “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

No comments:

Post a Comment