Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It'll never happen to me....

"It'll never happen to me" Isn't that what everyone thinks when it comes to bad things? The stories you hear about people being abducted, raped, killed everyone always says it'll never happen to me. I've always thought that, and as of right now it still hasn't...
But I had a scary encounter just now. I should be out on my run right now but I made a quick return home. Let me go back a few weeks to tell you about something that happened during one of my early morning runs before I tell you this story

A few weeks ago I was running at 5:00am in my neighborhood. I normally don't see many cars at that time but this morning there was this car driving around the neighborhood. The first time he went by me I didn't really give it a second thought at the time but looking back I realize now he was going pretty slow. A couple minutes later he was driving by again coming the opposite direction. Again slow and this time I noticed he had his windows down. I believe he drove by me three or four more times that morning. Luckily I was on the end of my run and close to home.
I didn't give it too much thought that day. It freaked me out a little but I tried to blow it off...

Today I headed out for my run I hadn't been walking for 2 minutes (still in my warm up) when I saw the same car. My street is a very small circle that has maybe 20-25 houses on it. I was coming out one end of the circle when I saw him speed into the other end of the circle. I crossed the main street and went down a street that is a dead end to finish my warm up. The street is clearly marked "NO OUTLET" and it has no sidewalks.
God is good because about that time my husband called to ask what time Eli should be eating so I was on my phone when he came flying up behind me. I had to scoot over he was so close and he had the entire street to himself. Because it was a dead end he had to turn around and come back he flew by me again. After he went by me that time I turned around to get off the dead end street and back onto the main street. I was curious to see if he'd come by again after seeing me on my phone and sure enough he had turned around at another street and came by me again. I was freaked out before but now I was in a complete panic. After he had gone by me and was out of sight I ran as fast as I could back home. Praise the Lord all this happened while I was still near the house. I made sure he wasn't around before going to my house because the last thing I wanted was for him to know where I lived.
The first thing Josh asked when I walked in the door was probably what all of you are thinking "Did you get the license plate number?" and unfortunately I did not.

So obviously I don't know what this guys intentions were but I wasn't going to stick around to find out. But it does look like I will no longer be running alone in the mornings.

So ladies, be safe out there!







Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord & I'm praying for your future morning runs as I know this is something you THOROUGHLY enjoy doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary!!!! girl... I hate that. Hope this doesn't happen again and you can find a running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily... That is sooooo scary!! Oh my gosh. Thank God you had your phone with you, too. People can be such creepy a-holes. Keep your runs at a busy time so we don't worry about you!

    ReplyDelete