Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let's Talk Tattoos Link Up

Photobucket

I can't believe I'm doing this post. Most of my newer friends (meaning I didn't go to high-school with) don't even know I have a tattoo.....
I've been reading everyones stories about their tattoos, about how much they love their tattoo(s) and how much thought went into them and all that......yea, that's not my story....

I was 18, freshly 18 at that. My at the time boyfriend decided to get a tattoo and somehow talked me into it as well. I went with him to Alien Ink not having any idea what I wanted but knew I wanted it on my lower back. This was before it was given the name "Tramp Stamp" or at least no one told me thats what it was called (I'm leaning towards the latter) What can I say? I was very naive.
So I went in and looked through the books and on the walls and decided on a basic tribal design with a rose in the middle and wanted it all black because I wanted it to match everything I wore or something like that (weirdo)
I don't hate the fact I have a tattoo but I do hate where it is and what it is. I wish I had put more thought into it and I really wish it wasn't a "Tramp Stamp". I keep saying I'm going to get it re-done but I really don't think I'll ever do it.
I might one day get a new tattoo though. I'd like to have something done on my ring finger for when I don't wear my wedding band and I'd like to get something that has to do with my kids. Maybe one day...

Anyway I know y'all are dying to see the tattoo pic so here ya go




Being all black it has no definition and I get asked a lot if it's a spider which is really ironic because I am deathly afraid of spiders.

Make sure you go check out Mel @ 4 Kottez Runs It

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy!!! :) Is it a spider - love it. You should definitely get a fun one on your ring finger - maybe your anniversary date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha glad it makes you happy! :) I LOVE your tattoo it actually has meaning and is beautiful!
      Great idea on the date I was actually think Josh's initials but I think I might like date better.

      Delete
  2. BAH.. you crack me up - yes I have a tramp stamp too. LOL - I think a ring tat would be awesome. Thanks for linking up today - it was super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for sharing! I have wanted a tattoo since I was 13 years old....but have always let someone in my life talk me out of it. Wonder if I will ever go through with it. I used to always want a sun for my middle name (Sunshine); but now I want something different....either 1) cancer awareness ribbon with angel wings (like what's on the windows of my SUV) or 2) cancer awareness ribbon with a cross (I have recently purchased a shirt with this on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed you to be the tattoo type! And a spider? Never would have thunk it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess What Emily? I have 5! Yep, 5 tattoos. I love them and wouldn't change the fact that I have them either =) I would get more too! We can go together to get one, wouldn't that be fun?? I want one on the back of my neck that has to do with Levi, like his initials or something. Like reading your random posts. You crack me up =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love this! I don't have a tattoo but it is on my to do list now that I don't work at a private Christian school! My hesitation...I want a white ink one but have seen some really good...and some really bad. I also want a ring one as well especially since I am ALLERGIC to my wedding ring...don't worry Chris will also be buying me some new bling too, he doesn't get out of it that easy! Now can we talk about piercing, because I really want to get my nose pierced. Chris is cool with it...Lorelei not and that cracks me up. Not that I normally discuss my decisions with a three year old, was just looking at a picture and showed her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else that linked up with this has a peach colored tattoo. Same concept as the white but it supposedly doesn't fade as fast you could check into that.
      You could totally rock a nose ring and it cracks me up that L is against it. :)

      Delete