Sunday, March 13, 2011

Joining the blogging world

So I’m finally joining the blogging world. I’ve been blogging about funny things my kids do for about two years now (you can check out that blog here), but blogging about me always seemed a scary thought. I was inspired by my amazing friend Allie (You can see here blog here) She has been blogging about her journey of becoming a runner and she’s an amazing cook so she shares her amazing recipes with everyone as well. Because of her blog she has inspired many people to get active in the gym and in the kitchen. She’s a pretty awesome person : )

My goal for my blog is to talk about things God has revealed to me in my personal quiet time and things I’ve learned in bible studies that I attend. God has really been working in my life the past year and I want to be able look back on this blog and remember the amazing things God has been doing in my life and also share with others.
I also plan to blog about my weight loss goals and my progress in the gym as I strive to be a runner. I am going to be doing some really scary things on here like posting my weight and measurements *eeek* but I really feel that if I’m sharing that information it will push me to do better with my workouts and diet plan, hey I might even put up progress pictures.
I plan on Monday being my “weigh in day” So tomorrow will be the official first day of my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Blogging about your weight is def. good motivation! I would say that is one of the best ideas I've had for accountability... I'm not disciplined enough to do it on my own! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candace!! You are actually the one that motivated me to post my weight. I've really enjoyed reading your blog and watching you reach your goals. Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I love this! Fantastic job =) And thanks for all the sweet words about me!!! I think you're doing an amazing job in the gym!

    ReplyDelete