Friday, March 25, 2011

In the Gym

Today is mine and Josh’s anniversary so I wanted to make sure I worked out hard this morning because I know we are going to go eat dinner out and go to a movie (I will also be eating a small breakfast and lunch to hopefully off set the dinner tonight) : )

I did circuit training again today because it burns off the most calories for me. I did the elliptical today instead of the bike. My legs are a little sore from biking yesterday but I did 5 sets on the elliptical 3 going forwards and 2 going backwards. I did ab workouts in-between elliptical sets. I am starting to notice that I’m building strength, I did a few planks today and normally I can’t hold out the last .30 second set but today it was a LOT easier. It is always a motivator to see that your hard work is paying off.
Tomorrow I will be working out with SGT Reynolds again. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for me. : )

In the Word

I love the book of Joshua. It’s like a great novel full of suspense, action, and drama. In today’s reading we had the Crossing of the Jordan River, The Stones of Remembrance, and The Battle for Jericho. So many amazing things I could focus on. If you can’t tell I’m having a hard time picking one to highlight.

Ok so one thing I’ve always liked about the Crossing of the Jordan River was:

Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during the harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of Arabah (the Salt Sea) was completely cut off. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho. The priest who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan, while all Israel passed until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground. -Joshua 3:15-17

A few things:

1. The river was at flood stage. I always picture the Wolf River at flood stage and it’s almost touching the bridge in Collierville. That’s a lot of water and it’s flowing extremely faster than normal. So God was really showing off.

2. The Priest who were carrying the ark had to have some major trust. The water didn’t stop flowing until their feet touched the water, not before. And remember it’s at flood stage so this more than likely wasn’t a calm river.

3. The water piled up in a heap at a town called Adam. This always makes me think about how when Jesus died on the cross for all our sins, our sins were piled up in a heap all the way to Adam’s sin. Our sins were all wrapped up in to one and put on Jesus and were all paid for. What a great picture of God’s redemption in the Old Testament

One last note: If you’ve been reading the Chronological Bible and have gotten behind due to Deuteronomy and the re-giving of the law, now is a great time to get back in. Don’t worry about catching up just pick up on today’s date. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment