Saturday, March 19, 2011

Circuit Training, and a Mule

In the Gym

Today I went to Bellevue’s gym with SGT Reynolds. We did more circuit training. And let me tell you, circuit training is the most intense workout I’ve ever done. Your heart rate stays up and boy do you break a sweat. I’m looking forward to incorporating it into my daily workouts at ATC.
Thursday I went to ATC and worked out legs, and introduced Allie to the Russian Twist. Friday I took the day off due to Nate Dawg running a fever (but I made up for the day off today)
My calves are feeling great and I’m hoping for a good run outside Monday with little to no pain. Monday is also weigh-in day. And surprisingly I’m looking forward to that as well.

In the Word

Josh and I have an opportunity to go to Honduras this summer for a mission trip. We have been praying about it, and have decided that if God wants us to go he’ll provide financially. We have really been struggling because we would need more than just the expenses for the actual trip, we would also need money to cover the week we’d be gone because Josh doesn’t get paid vacation, and money for passports (I knew they were expensive I just didn’t realize how expensive).
So where’s the line? How do we sit back and let God handle it and yet still be proactive? How do we know when God has shut all doors? As of right now we have about a month to get the money together for the passports or we would have to spend even more to get them here on time.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the wicked but the LORD’S unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Psalm 32:8-10


I'm trying not to be a mule.....

No comments:

Post a Comment