Saturday, September 29, 2012

It ends now

So I'm still in my funk. Haven't exercised all week. But my funk ends today and I'm starting back hardcore tomorrow...

This quote couldn't be anymore true for me this week. I have wanted to go run. I've set my alarm every morning but for whatever reason everyday I turn it off and go back to sleep....And I regret it all day. Some of you might be asking why I don't end my funk today and go run and that is a great question and I have a great answer....
Yup. It's hunting season and I am officially a hunting widow and don't see my husband at all on Saturdays. So unless I get a sitter for my three crazy munchkins that means no running for me on Saturdays. So I will start tomorrow.

On a completely other note....
I thought I'd share a recipe with you today. My Aunt makes these awesome homemade granola bars that I am absolutely obsessed with. I got the recipe and am finally making them myself and they are making my house smell divine. So here is the very easy recipe



Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup white chocolate chips (Optional: any Dried Fruit, Raisins, Craisins, Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Coconut Flakes, have fun with this!)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey

1 egg, beaten

1/2 cup coconut oil (Melted! I microwave about 30 seconds until liquid, this makes it MUCH easier to work with!)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:


STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.


STEP 2: Mix together dry ingredients,

then make a well in the center


Then add the honey, beaten egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract together.

Then pour wet ingredients into well of dry ingredients
and Mix well.
Pat the mixture evenly into the baking dish.


STEP 3: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are beginning to turn golden. (I did 30 because we like them softer.) Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into bars and remove from dish WHILE STILL WARM. Otherwise, you’ll have to chip it out with a chisel.




STEP 4: Eat one before calling in the crew, well, unless you don’t want any that is. Then make another batch.
 Some substitutions: You can substitute olive or peanut oil, but I HIGHLY recommend the coconut, it provides great flavor! It’s found in the oil section of the baking isle.

And there you go. A yummy, easy, healthy(ish) snack. Enjoy!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. try replacing the chocolate chips with dried cranberries. Gives you the sweetness but better for you. :) Or use dark chocolate chips if you have to have chocolate. I might try making these this week. They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Emily, they sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome recipe, I am going to try this out this week! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete