Saturday, September 8, 2012

Take That Hill!!!

Today was a good run day. I went two miles without stopping and did it at a 11:18 avg pace. Woo hoo! :)


I walked for .30 and then started running again.


I did my route a little different hoping that I'd finish the 3.10 before I got to the dreaded hill. Nope didn't happen. As you can see below I start the hill at the end of the run when I had about .40 left to go.


My pace slowed going up the hill ranging from 12:30 to 12:50 but I didn't stop and conquered that hill! So take that stupid hill!

I finished the 3.10 at 37:17 with an avg pace of 12:01. I cut a little over 2 minutes off my time from yesterday!


Happy me after I finished. :)


So as you can see below with the mile avg pace broken down I improved a lot even with running up the hill...




This time next week I will be completing my first 5k race (running, I've walked one before) I am super excited!




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. great job!! and I think I know the hill you are talking about!! not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done!!!! you'll do AWESOME at the 5K - the adrenaline will kick in and you'll blaze through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! Love all the positive motivation you have! I would wish you good luck on your 5K but I have a feeling you will rock it! The adrenaline is awesome at big runs!

    ReplyDelete