Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Race Results and Training

Race results are up and I'm proud to say that I got 10th in my age group (25-29) and 103rd over all (out of 355 runners) with an official time of 35:17.

Not bad for my first race.

A few "borrowed" pics from the race
Stretching takes deep concentration apparently....

I look like death but I promise I'm ok

Crossed the finished line. You'd think I'd look happy....instead I look like I've been run over by a mac truck a few times...
Any-who


With my first 5k and goal completed and behind me it't time to start focusing on my next 5k and goal.
The Color Run and my goal to finish it in 30 minutes....
I'm not as determined to meet this goal the more I think about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to train like heck but if I don't finish it in 30 minutes I won't be upset by it. This race is about having fun and thats what I'm going to do.

With the Women Run/Walk group over for the year I needed to find a new training program to keep me motivated. RunKeeper now has the ability to "Coach" you in different trainings so after I browsed a few different ones I decided to go with on of the Half marathon trainings. Not because I plan on running a half race anytime soon but because the training had everything I wanted/needed. It does interval training to help increase your normal pace, and adds milage to your runs.
Today was the first day and I did interval training.

5 minute warm up
3 minutes of hard running (more intense than your normal pace)
3 minutes of light running or walking (I went with walking)
five times

I was averaging on my 3 minute runs about a 10:20 pace. My first two I was probably more around 9:45 and my last one I was probably more of a 10:45 but overall still more intense than my normal pace.
Tomorrow is a rest day and Thursday is a light to moderate 3 mile run.
I'm looking forward to this new training program that by the way is 6 months long.
Next year I plan to run the St. Jude half and I'm looking forward to crossing it off my bucket list.




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You're awesome, Emily! 10th place is rock star status. Most of us would have to be chased to go that fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! you sound motivated woman!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's awesome! My goal...participate in all these along side you next year as your encourager!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete