Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hard Week


This week of training has been really hard. I don't know why but I've just been in a funk and can't seem to find my groove.
I was supposed to run 3 miles on Thursday and ended up getting on the 'mil at home. I hated every step I took and after a mile I decided to stop. I just wasn't feeling it and my ankle was hurting a little.
Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day but because I didn't finish the 3 miles on Friday I decided to try to run outside. I got Eli in the bed and the kids were playing with Josh so I headed out.
A few minutes into the warm up I realized I hadn't waited long enough after dinner and was regretting that bowl of red-beans and rice. I also realized I had forgotten my water bottle. So not a good start. The warm up ended and I started off. I had my phone in my bra and didn't plan on checking it for pace, time, or distance. It wasn't too long after I started that the side cramp hit. I tried to just run through it but after a while I decided it would be more beneficial for me to walk for a bit and get it under control (looking at my phone later it was just a little over a mile when I stopped)
I walked for about 5 minutes and then started back. The cramp was still there but not as bad. I finished the 3 miles and then did my cool down.
When I got done I looked at my phone and realized I did the first mile at a 10:15 pace and thats probably why I got a cramp so intense. After my walk by pace was more around 12:15 which is where I needed to be for this run because it was supposed to be a light run. I really need to work on my pace because I'm really bad about starting off too fast.

Today I'm supposed to do six 400 meter sprints with 3 minute rest in between. I'm going to try to get it in later tonight but it may not happen...I'm hoping when I do run again I'll be out of my funk


So I don't leave the blog without a picture.....
Here's me after my run, Becca wanted me to wear her nerd glasses...
How could I say no? As long as she doesn't ask me to do it in public I'm good :)



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. at least you are out there doing it... finally started running regularly again this week... sheesh, it's hard! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up woman... And wear those glasses more often! Haha

    ReplyDelete