Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Creepy run :)

I knew today was going to be a hard day to get my run in with it being Wednesday and us planning on going to church tonight. As I've mentioned before I hate running by myself in the dark and even if I did decide to run on the treadmill tonight I'd probably be to tired by the time we got home from church and got the kiddos in the bed and I'd make a hundred excuses of why not to run. So I decided last night to set my alarm for 4:50 and pray that Eli's schedule aloud me to run first thing in the morning.
Eli woke up at 1:00am but I was able to get him back sleep without a bottle. He woke up again at 4:00 and I went ahead and fed him and put him back to bed. Yay! The perfect schedule. He had eaten and was back in bed asleep and I still had 30 minutes before my alarm would go off. So when it went off I rolled out of bed laced up my running shoes and hit the pavement. Did you know it's still pretty dark at 5:00am? Yea, I didn't think about that and was not too happy about running in the dark. It freaks me out and I really felt the urge to bring a baseball bat with me or at least some mace. Not that my neighborhood is necessarily dangerous but it just makes me really uncomfortable.
So anyway, I started my run and decided to run and a much slower pace so I wouldn't burn out before the end again and was running about a 12 minute mile.
The run went really well (with the exception of it being dark and creepy)
I went 2.92 miles in 46 minutes and felt pretty good after I finished.
I wrapped it up with some yoga stretches that Women Run/Walk of Memphis had suggested..
You can check them out here.

So I ordered new shoes yesterday and I can't wait to get them. I have been long over due for a new pair for some time now. I've had the same pair for almost a year and a half and that's a big no-no in the running world.
After some research and advise from some friends I decided on the Brooks Pureflow
I can't wait to try them out and it's a BIG bonus that they're purple!
I'm also hoping to order some other "running gear" later this week. I am in desperate need of some new bras, wick clothing, and water bottle I can carry while running.

So what's your must have running gear?


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. yikes! i feel the same way waking up early to run-- sounds like you got a good run in though! Maybe the time change will help! Nice shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a scaredy cat too! That's why I drag Candace along with me :) She carries the mace..lol. We had a dog running loose the other day and she had it out and ready! Anyway, I'm WAY jealous you have the pureflows!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying to get them!!! Love the purple :) Let me know how you like them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, about needing a water bottle...I love my Nathan water bottle, from Dicks. It's hand held and holds the perfect amount for under a 10 M run. I'll text u a pic if you want, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete