Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bruises, coughs, and calves...

Bruises, coughs, and calves, that's what my excuses are made of today...

I got up this morning at 5:50 to start my run. I was just praying I'd have no calf pain this time.
The weather was perfect, cool with a nice breeze

I started off and was feeling good with the exception of my right leg due to a massive bruise
Gross right? Wednesday night after church I was talking to a friend and was walking down the aisle between the seats, I turned my head to say goodbye as I was walking away and ran right into the arm of one of the chairs. I knew I was going to have a bruise instantly. It stinks that I'm so klutzy and bruise easily.
Anyway back to my run, who knew a bruise good bother you so much during a run? It wasn't enough to make me stop mostly just annoying.
I tried to focus more on my form and make sure I was landing on the balls of my feet. Everything was going well and I wasn't experiencing any calf pain. I was however having some troubling breathing properly. I've been having some major drainage so my chest was really congested...
On my sixth run I had to run up a hill and that's when the pain started. Not the muscle pain though, the rod pain. But it was only in my right leg this time. I really wish I knew what was causing that pain and it's really weird that it was only in one leg this time. I pushed through it though and finished all ten runs without stopping. When I finished the tenth run I was pleasantly surprised to see this...
5K in 45 minutes! Woohoo! I still have a long way to go to get to a 30 minute 5K but I was shocked to see that distance with all the things I was fighting against this morning.

During my cool down I all of the sudden started smelling bacon! It was weird but as I got closer to this house...
I realized they had their door open and the whole street smelt like bacon. It made me really hungry and crave bacon
But I was good and came home and had my normal breakfast
Love this stuff and it's only 180 calories.

So next weeks training is..
5 minute warm up
run 4 minutes (?x)
walk 2 minutes(?x)
5 minute cool down
I have no idea how many times we are running/walking because the website says run 4 minutes walk 2 minutes for 40 minutes. If you divide 40 by 6 it's 6.6666666. So I'll be interested to see what we do Monday



Hey if you're on MyFitnessPal let's be friends. My user id is EBob86.



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. awesome! Funny how you can have so many factors against you and still finish strong! I just realized my main source of measuring my distance is intensely generous (yeah, ran 4.7 miles and it told me I ran 5.10). haha. Anyways, I'm now using runkeeper and google maps. I may have to try the fitnesspal thing though! I love the way it looks (I'm assuming that's a screen shot of myfitnesspal?)... easy to read.

    Well, Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The screen shot is actually from RunKeeper. MyFitnessPal is a calorie counter and exercise journal.
      Do you have an iPhone or another smart phone

      Delete