Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Long Hiatus


Well I'm finally back at it after my very long hiatus.
I took all of your sweet advice and took a break to recover and then had a hard time starting back up again.
After the encouragement of some sweet friends I joined the running group Women Run/Walk of Memphis
It's a 10 week training program and I get to run with my good friend Ashlee. We are at the same pace and were able to stay together the entire time.
This week we did

5 minute warm up

2 minute run
3 minute walk (5x each)

5 minute cool down

Ashlee and I went 2.33 miles.

Not too bad for me not working out for almost 3 months.

The homework every week is to run 2 more times on your own. At the end of the 10 weeks we do a graduation 5K! I'm really excited about it and I think the accountability is exactly what I need.

This is me after the run all hot and sweaty

I know I say this every time but hopefully I will do a better job of keeping up with the blog this go around ;)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment